Cloud Engineer - K8s, Docker, cybersecurity in Brno
Brno, Jihomoravský kraj, CzechiaDevelopment
Join Whalebone, a Brno-based cybersecurity company, and be part of a significant and exciting mission. We're dedicated to safeguarding one billion people from cyber threats without any hassle.
In the role of Lead Cloud Engineer, you'll be part of an ambitious project with a crucial role in society. As our CTO, Robert Šefr, states, "Cybersecurity is a human right, not a privilege."
This is not just another job opportunity; this is your chance to make a real impact. Seize the moment – apply now!
🧩 Our tech stack
- We leverage microservices heavily from day one of Whalebone, there is no legacy system. We containerize everything using Docker and orchestrate it through Kubernetes.
- We avoid cloud vendor lock-in and minimize the usage of any cloud provider-specific services. Our backend can be moved to any managed Kubernetes provider instantly.
- For various use cases of data analysis, we rely mainly on Elasticsearch and Clickhouse, for stream processing Logstash and Kafka and to understand that everything is working fine we observe Grafana dashboards providing us insight into the Prometheus stored metrics.
🔍 What will you do
- You will be tech lead for DevOps/Cloud Engineeing and help build, automate and monitor the infrastructure for the core Whalebone software platform.
- Work with Kubernetes and Docker platforms on various public cloud providers (GCP, DigitalOcean, AWS).
- Design and implement various products from CNCF (Prometheus, Argo, Helm, etc.) or other popular vendors like Hashicorp or Elastic.
- Work on monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining existing system.
- Participate in deciding what’s the future of our products.
- Work closely with developers to make sure clients get the best solution possible.
- You have the chance to direct the growth of a platform that is being used by millions of people.
- Experience in containerization such as Docker and containerization orchestration such as Kubernetes.
- Experience in cloud computing services in any public cloud provider.
- Experience with micro-services.
🌟 Nice to have
- Computer networking knowledge especially related to DNS.
- Experience with CNCF projects, Hashicorp. Elastic, ClickHouse etc. is a plus.
- Scripting in Bash, Python.
🚀 Why will you like to work with us:
Meaningful job - protecting everyday people against malware and hackers all around the globe.
Rewarding financial package, including the possibility to choose ESOP as a benefit and a motivating flexible part of the remuneration reflecting long term results.
Flexible working hours and possibility of HO
Equipment of choice - use the budget and chose what is best for you
Terrace - beautiful view and available for private parties
Regular events & teambuildings - grill, enjoy pub quiz or have a breakfast with us
You will be supported to learn, grow and gain new experiences with us!
Your opinion will matter to us - discuss your ideas and feedback directly with the CEO or CTO if you feel like they should hear them.
🐋 About us
We create zero disruption cybersecurity products for telcos, ISPs, and corporations, protecting millions of internet users from malware, phishing, ransomware, and more. Whalebone already serves 300+ customers worldwide, including A1 Austria, O2 Czechia, and Telekom Slovenia. Our diverse team of 80 members is committed to this vital cause.
🌍 Wanna know more?
- Read about us: