Test Automation Engineer for a global cybersecurity product
Brno, Jihomoravský kraj, CzechiaDevelopment
Join Whalebone, a Brno-based cybersecurity company, and be part of a significant and exciting mission. We're dedicated to safeguarding one billion people from cyber threats without any hassle.
In the role of Test Automation Engineer, you'll be part of an ambitious project with a crucial role in society. As our CTO, Robert Šefr, states, "Cybersecurity is a human right, not a privilege."
Don't miss this opportunity to make a difference. Apply now!
🧩 Our tech stack
- We leverage microservices heavily from day one of Whalebone, there is no legacy system. We containerize everything and orchestrate it through Kubernetes.
- Our QA use following technologies: Java 17 / Spring Boot, Maven, git / GitHub, TeamCity, Playwright, RestAssured
🔍 What will you do
- Write efficient, reliable, and maintainable automation code using Java, ensuring high test coverage and adherence to coding standards
- Design, develop and maintain automated test sets and strategies to our product
- Execute automated tests, analyze test results and report bugs
- Initiate improvements to the testing process, product test coverage and testing efficiency
- Work with software engineers, product managers, and your colleague from QA in an Agile team environment
- Proven experience in Java or other object-oriented programming language
- Hands-on experience with UI test automation frameworks
- Experience with API test automation frameworks
- Analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, thinking outside of the box
🌟 Nice to have
- Experience with building and maintaining TeamCity jobs
- Experience with Docker and k8s
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience with shell scripting (zsh and/or bash)
🚀 Why will you like to work with us:
Meaningful job - protecting everyday people against malware and hackers all around the globe.
Rewarding financial package, including the possibility to choose ESOP as a benefit and a motivating flexible part of the remuneration reflecting long term results.
Flexible working hours and possibility of HO
Equipment of choice - use the budget and chose what is best for you
Terrace - beautiful view and available for private parties
Regular events & teambuildings - grill, enjoy pub quiz or have a breakfast with us
You will be supported to learn, grow and gain new experiences with us!
Your opinion will matter to us - discuss your ideas and feedback directly with the CEO or CTO if you feel like they should hear them.
We create zero disruption cybersecurity products for telcos, ISPs, and corporations, protecting millions of internet users from malware, phishing, ransomware, and more. Whalebone already serves 300+ customers worldwide, including A1 Austria, O2 Czechia, and Telekom Slovenia. Our diverse team of 80 members is committed to this vital cause.
Wanna know more?
- Read about us: